Preparation Time: 1 hour and 1o mins (including marination time)
Cook Time: 20 mins
- Sliced Pork Belly (as much as you prefer to have)
- ~2-3 tablespoons of Nuoc Mam, or fish sauce
- Cloves of Garlic (however many to your taste)
- 1-2 teaspoon of sugar
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- White Rice (to serve with)
- 1-2 onions (white or red, depending on your preference)
- Vegetable oil (for cooking)
- If you have pre-sliced pork belly that has been frozen, be sure to leave a sufficient amount of time to defrost using whatever defrosting method you feel comfortable with (i.e. running under warm water, leaving it in the sink, etc.). Place sliced pork belly into a bowl.
- In a small bowl, put nuoc mam (fish sauce) and sugar together and mix thoroughly. Add black pepper into the mixture as well to taste and mix
- Finely chop the cloves of garlic as well as the onions into small pieces and set aside separately.
- In the bowl of pork belly, add half of the nuoc mam, sugar and pepper mixture and the chopped garlic. Mix and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Once marination is complete, heat up a frying pan with vegetable oil lightly coating the entire pan at high heat. Add marinated pork into the frying pan, add the rest of the nuoc mam mixture, and allow to fry for about 10 mins, or until browning can be seen. Taste test if possible, and if the pork is too salty, add water to the frying pan to dilute. Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook and simmer at medium heat for another 10 mins. The pork should show signs of caramelization on the edges of the pork slices
- Serve with rice, or on top of rice. Enjoy!